Tweets

    18 November 2010

    Ich Spiele das Plinky-Plonk

    So I've taken up piano. I say 'piano', we don't actually own a piano, so I'm settling for a keyboard. It's not quite the same, the main difference being a lack of an extra 17 keys, but I'll just have to make do.

    Oh, and bear with me if this post is a little short, I've challenged myself to type an entry before my laptop runs out of battery entirely, which is usually between three and ten minutes.

    Anyway, back to my point, yes, I can now proudly say I can play the piano, albeit to a rather limited degree. It's a rather unusual instrument in the sense that the notes are so defined and unique that you can work out how to play pretty much any piece of music just by hitting the keys until they 'spell out' the song.

    My laptop seems to think it has two hours and ten minutes left before it conks out. Or is that two minutes and ten seconds...?

    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this update-

    ARAGH! IT'S GOING INTO HIBERNATE* MODE!

    Ok, so I failed at my own miniature challenge, but haven't we all learned something from this? If you don't think you have, think about it a bit more carefully. Answers in the comment box below, on the Facebook page or to the usual email address. If you don't know what that is by now, you're either a new reader or you've just been making a very long cup of tea.

    Tarrah for now. Next week, I'll be posting the results of the ten minute challenge! But which one will it be? You'll have to wait and see...


    *In honour of its maiden hibernation, I'm renaming my computer 'Hedgehog'