Tweets

    5 July 2010

    Time For Pancakes!

    So I'm back from my jaunt to Wales! No, don't get up.

    I enjoyed it, I really did. I must say I'm glad to be home though, as with any family holiday, I rarely got any time to myself, and what little time I did, there was still the hum of my dad watching Avatar and Bloc Party emanating from my room, who I was sharing with my brother and his friend (which was peculiar to say the least). This being the case, I got very little writing done, which is a bugger. I did finish the synopsis though (well, the most part of it), so I can start writing as soon as I have the time. I did pick up some very good books on my travels though, which will hopefully increase my literary ability no end. I bought five in total, three of which were a collection entitled 'The Oxford Library of Words and Phrases', one was 'Fowler's Modern English Usage', and lastly Stephen King's 'Cujo'.

    On an unrelated note, I watched Sunshine (which this blog is named after) for the second time that holiday, and I couldn't believe how much I'd missed before. Pinbacker is slowly starting to make more sense as a completely insane, rather sunburned old chap who has spent seven years talking to God, and intends to sabotage the sun's restoration so that human's die when he believes God has chosen them to. I also realised why the shots were so distorted and unreal when they were plummeting into the sun, as Cappa said earlier on in the film, the bomb will reach such a velocity at one point that space and time will become distorted, making it impossible to determine if the mission will be a success or not. I could go on about that film for hours, so I should probably cease now...

    What to do today? I've got to occupy myself somehow! I'm home alone all day, which is absolute bliss so far. At the time of writing this, I am in fact making pancakes with the leftover yorkshire pudding batter from the roast last night (with a little milk, mind, I don't want them to be too thick!). Three pancakes for breakfast, mmmm. It should be four, but there was an... Incident... Irregardless (that's for you, Ms Bissell), those pancakes were absolutely top-bombing! I've just finished them, clearly. I'm also planning to start making cakes again, in order to venture out and discover new and delicious recipes. Today I'm just going to be making something wonderful and simple. chocolate muffins with a 'head' of plain cake mix, with white chocolate around the plain. My hope? To create a cake that looks like a little pint of Guinness. I know, I'm too cool. I'll let everyone who's following (me) know how they went later on today. That reminds me, I need some white chocolate...