Tweets

    8 July 2010

    The Joys Of Cooking

    I love cooking. Always have, ever since I was able to "kneel on a stool to cut out gingerbread men" [source]. So it's no surprise that today I decided to try a new recipe. I started making it at about half five. The recipe guaranteed me that it would take half an hour to make. It's taken over an hour for the potatoes alone. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure it varies greatly depending on the potato you use, but fifty minutes longer than the original estimated time for those tubers is a little bit off to say the least.

    Anyway, on a slightly happier note, the lovely Hannah is back from holiday! I can't wait to give her the little souvenir I bought her. I may have downplayed how much I spent on the item, but it's not the cost I find important, it was just there, staring at me, and I knew she'd love it. How could I say no when the chap at the counter also knocked a good few quid off it as well? I know a bargain when I see one!

    Well, the beef recipe was a success (after much waiting), so I don't suppose I can really complain, eh? I also polished off the last of my gorgeous Guinness (free) cakes, which are decidedly more-ish though I say so myself!

    I've also just realised that this blog post has taken me an hour to write, coming back to it every now and then to add little things... Still, I suppose it works so no harm done! Tomorrow should be good. 24 hours to myself. Time to start writing I think!

    Until next time...