Tweets

    27 July 2010

    Noodles For Lunch

    I love noodles. There's no point denying it, there's just something about them that make you want to leap out of bed and break out the chopsticks (which I can use, by the way), and there are a huge variety of freeze-dried noodles that you can cook in minutes. However, I am one of those terribly pretentious people that follow Dave Lister's example. If I were stranded in a decrepit, lifeless environment, no matter what else there was (a tube of gum ointment, dog food etc.), I would eat the pot noodle last. Yet I love noodles so much, so I decided to remedy the situation. I was going to make my own, fresh sauces to mix in with noodles for a tasty lunch.

    I've tried this a few times and most of the time the sauces (which are never the same) have been perfectly edible (one time it was too salty and I couldn't finish it. Go easy on the stock if you do this at home). I have never actually written any of the recipes down, though, so I have decided to regale you with today's attempt. This post may become a little disjointed, as I will be cooking and writing at the same time, which is never an easy task.

    As I'm waiting for that to cool down a tad, I'll list the ingredients:

    Chicken stock
    Leftover lamb
    One carrot
    Soy sauce
    Brown sauce
    Chilli flakes
    Lea & Perrins

    The noodles were obvious just noodles, nothing fancy except I fried them in a little oil before adding the sauce.

    The result? Very nice, although not exactly traditional Asian cuisine, and it's not exactly designed for those trying to watch their weight. Accompany with a glass of Robinson's Fruit & Barley and enjoy whilst browsing the internet.

    Congratulations! Student food!